So my goal each summer is to play as hard as I can with the boys ~ my job is pretty tough. Every summer we get a season pass to the city pools. For $100 a family of 5 has unlimited use to all 6 city pools. We go at least 3x per week. Sometimes we pack food and go for the afternoon and sometimes we run down after Bruce gets home from work. Tonight we went for family night and Bruce took Ellis down the Hydro-tube. He loved it.My favorite thing about going to the local city pools is that I feel like I am giving my kids a piece of my childhood. It is a simple day at the pool and it is fun. It is not like the big (keep up with the Jones') fancy water park, it is small enough that the boys can have freedom, I can relax and not have to chase them around like a wild woman, and it is not expensive. I give the boys a few dollars for the concession stand and they can relax in the sun snacking on penny candy and slushes. Each pool has a kiddie pool, maybe a few slides, a diving board, and one of them has a hydro-tube.
It has been so nice to have Liz and Josh in Boise to come with me this year. Josh is the best uncle. He and Liz entertain the boys the entire time we are there and help me with Ellis. Liz is great company in the kiddie pool and is getting to know all of the local "pool moms" that I hang out with.
4 comments:
That is so much fun, I wish we had even one outdoor pool for the kids! Hope to see you this weekend!
I LOVE SUMMER!! Great pictures!!
What a fun mom you are! I love going to the pool. Those pools look great. That is a fantastic deal for all 6 pools. You guys have a fun summer ahead of you!
cute post! I love the pool!
Post a Comment