Sunday, June 29, 2008

Boise in the summer


I was on my way to church this morning and I looked out the window on the way down the mesa. This is what I saw. It was so beautiful to look out onto the river and see all of the floaters. Today was one of the first HOT days of summer. I don't know how hot it actually got today, but right now at 8pm it is still 102. When I was little one of our favorite family activities was floating the river in the summer. We've taken our boys a few times. The first time was our maiden voyage as parents. We had a few spills, fights, and snags along the way, but it was fun. The second time was much better.
Yesterday when I was getting my hair done, Ava-Honey (my stylist) and I were talking about floating the river. She was planing a trip for today. She said, "The last time I floated the river I went down on this big daisy raft. Along the warm springs portion of the river I ran into some thorns and the tube got popped, by the time I finished I looked like I was inside of a Venus Fly Trap"!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was that on the same death trip tate always talks about? He swears he will never enter that river again. Would you float the river sometime with me since he never will????

rosy said...

Sure was~~ Poor Tate~ I think that he was totally traumatized from that day. It's okay he is in good company. Hunter was sacred to go again as well. You can come along with us anytime!

Elisha said...

Wow! That is so beautiful! We have the Salt River down here but the view is nowhere as gorgeous! I can't believe it is that hot there! I'll still trade ya for our 113!