Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving Ancestry


Last night here at Rosy's parents' home in Idaho Falls we had a family program, and during that program Rosy's Grandma Hatch passed out a pedigree chart that has quite a bit of significance to the family during this time of year. Rosy's 9x Great Grandfather was William Bradford, one of the founders of Plymouth Colony and the man who is thought to be responsible for the first Thanksgiving meal in 1621.

Hunter was particularly interested in this fact, as his class at school has been studying the original Thanksgiving and Hunter was familiar with Bradford from school. He asked his Great Grandma Hatch for a copy of the pedigree, which she gave him.
If you click on the link above, Wikipedia has listed several of Bradford's famous descendants. Of those, Hunter can brag that he is related to Clint Eastwood, Julia Child, Christopher Reeve, and William Rehnquist, among many others. More history for Hunter and his brothers to learn.


2 comments:

Elisha said...

That is really neat! I knew we were related somehow, but this clarifies it a bit for me. It would be really neat to go through and see the family history. I should see if grandma will send it down here for us AZans.

Anonymous said...

That is so cool. I'm so glad that you guys posted that bit of information. After reading your post I was telling my inlaws that I am related to the man who held the first Thanksgiving. I guess I was bragging just like Hunter. I feel pretty special! Thanks for sharing:)