Saturday, December 13, 2008

It's the Holiday Season~~so wooptie doo

Ellis helping Braden put up the lights
One of the few sledding days in Boise

I think I have heard every holiday song about 20x already. Braden loves the holidays. He has (which means we have) been listening to Christmas music since Thanksgiving. It is a memory I will always have and cherish. Braden loves Christmas music he listens to Delila everynight. He was singing carols in the shower the other morning and it reminded me of Andrew singing Christmas carols in the shower when we were young.
We have had a wonderful holiday season so far. Much improved over last years search for a Wii.
It all started before Thanksgiving when we went to the Forgotten Carols. Thanks Tyler for the tickets. We all had a great time. Tyler was so gracious to get us all tickets. Bruce and I, Braden, Hunter, Liz, and Josh. Then he made it extra special for the boys by taking them backstage to meet the cast and see how the production works (for a great story about that got to the blog TEE- HEE).
We celebrated Idaho Falls for Thanksgiving. I have come to treasure the times my family gets to spend seeing Grandpapa and Grandmama. It was a fun weekend and great to see everyone. We came home and jumped right into December which meant I had to have the advent calendar all prepared- a Castleton tradition. Ellis is totally getting into it. I actually have to put it away and get it out every morning.
Last Friday we went to the Broadway ward community Christmas party where Braden made his first choir debut in the elementary school traveling choir. They did a great job. We have attended our ward party, primary party and I am finally feeling the Christmas whirlwind coming to an end. I am looking forward to finishing it all up (including school) and enjoying the next few weeks with the family.
Today it has been snowing. The boys first went sledding in the driveway and then walked their sleds up to the park to hit the foothills.
This week we have Dad and Mom Purcell coming for more choir by Braden, Hunter, and Collette and Abby. We are looking forward the the festivities.

3 comments:

lizzy said...

Merry Christmas, from Payless....Merry Christmas! Thank you Andrew for the fun memory!

Bryant P. Castleton said...

I am so proud of my nephews and their Christmas spirit! What fun memories you are helping make for them.

We miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! What fun pictures. I'm glad you received Crew's announcement.