Tuesday, September 29, 2009

So here it is -

I have lived my life a long time pretending to not really be an adult yet. I don't know why - I just figure that is Bruce's job. I realized the other day that I am an adult. I am totally busy with my kids and in church. That is what I consider an adult to be. I still am a total dork and spend way too much time playing tennis (not so much lately). That will never change. Anyway I guess this is my lame excuse for not blogging.
We had such a fun and busy summer. It was more challenging than others trying to keep everyone happy. Having such a huge age gap in children makes it more difficult. We had our big trip to Cannon Beach over the 4th of July and then we hung out with cousins in Idaho Falls. I came home and played districts for tennis and we said good bye to Collette and Abby. August was long. I thought that school started a week earlier than it really did (the kids were ecstatic) so we went back to mom and dads for another week and I played in a tournament. Bruce and I started our tennis journey together. I loved playing with him. There were some moments of frustration (with both of us) but I am glad that we did it. I think we even finished the season with a winning record. :)
Anyway - fall is upon us. I can not believe it has happened so fast. This year I have a 6th grader and a 4th grader. They are both doing fab. They have wonderful teachers and they enjoy going to school each day. What more can you ask for? We are excited for the new season that is upon us and the many adventures and fun times we have planned.
So there - I finally posted something.

1 comment:

Bryant P. Castleton said...

I am totally glad you posted! Thanks for the summary. We can't wait to see you guys when we come out on Saturday!!