Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Ellis's FHE Contribution

Last night I gave the lesson at Family Night, and I had Braden, Hunter, and Rosy each take turns reading something, whether it was a story or a scripture. Ellis obviously noticed this, and he also noticed that he wasn't assigned to read anything. He tried to take the pieces of paper I'd given to Braden and Hunter, and so I gave him the kids' Book of Mormon picture storybook to look at. He took that book and sat down on the couch next to Rosy.

As Hunter was reading his story, Ellis opened the storybook and began "reading" his story to everyone, saying his made-up words with quite a bit of expression and feeling. It seemed he was telling a sad story based on the tone of his voice, and he kept "reading" it to us as Hunter continued his reading assignment.

When Hunter finished reading, Ellis noticed that there was silence. He then stopped reading, closed his storybook and said "Amen."